It’s been truly delightful to observe all the creative activities on social media like Facebook this summer. The sheer amount of pictures, films and stories from pilgrims hiking along the St. Olavsleden is astonishing! Therefore, together with Stiklestad National Cultural Center, we’ve decided to launch a video competition!
- Both photos and film can be used, but the contributions to the competition must be in film-format. Maximum length is 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Use only your own material. If you use music, make sure to have permission to use it and to credit the composer/artist.
- The film has to be from, or about the St. Olavsleden between Selånger (Sweden) and Trondheim (Norway). It can be from a pilgrimage, or parts of it, about a place or some story from along the path, related to pilgrimage.
- Post your film on the St. Olavsleden page on Facebook and tag it with #mypilgrimage and #stolavsleden.
- The competition ends on October 15th 2019. After that a, jury will pick out 10 finalists from the submitted films. We’ll then launch a public vote on Facebook on who’s the winner. Everyone can vote. The winner is launched on November 1st.
- The first prize is two nights at the Medieval Guest Loft at Stiklestad, including a full hotel breakfast, served in the restaurant*.
- Places 2-10 get the beautiful St. Olavsleden calendar from Stiernform.
- All the finalists will be featured at St. Olavsleden’s Facebook and/or YouTube channel.
- All resultes are final.
How to make a film
Heidi from the Stiklestad Pilgrim Center has made a short film just from photos to show you how it can be done. There is a lot of good software in smartphones, but Heidi used Windows Movie Maker and music from freemusicarchive.org. Watch the video here:
* Travel to and from Stiklestad is not included, but if you’re not arriving by foot, we can arrange for a pickup at Verdal train station. The stay at the Guest Loft can be two nights for one person or one night for two persons. If the winner for some reason is not able to claim the prize and come to Stiklestad, we’ll exchange it for an exclusive woolen blanket from the museum shop, of approximately the same worth.